Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lily Collins Talks Personal Growth with the L.A. Times

She's gearing up for the release of her fairy tale film "Mirror Mirror" on March 30th, and Lily Collins added to the promotional efforts by taking over the cover of the latest issue of Los Angeles Times magazine.

The 23-year-old actress posed for the Hilary Walsh shot front page in a Manish Arora pink satin button-down while featured in an in-depth article documenting her growth which is titled "Spellbound".

Highlights from Lily's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Los Angeles Times!

On her experience at Harvard Westlake prep school:
“People had their groups, but no one ever found one cooler than the other. To this day, my core group of solid friends are from high school.”

On her first experience meeting with an agency:
“When I started meeting with agencies the first told me there are plenty of sons of, daughters of, cousins of, nieces of, nephews of—and what makes you special? Do something, come back and we’ll talk. I said, 'Thank you so much' and left, but I said to myself, ,That’s not going to work.,”

On her early-career aspirations:
“I wanted to be the youngest talk-show host. No one got [the concept]. I came in to boardrooms with pie charts and research. I was like, ‘Why is this not computing? It seems a given that the younger generation has a voice!’ I feel like I was just a few years too early.”

On her get-it-done mentality:
“I have a mentality of taking a situation and making it the best it can be. From being 16 and going into boardrooms and having to prove myself, I understand the process of shocking people. They see one thing when you walk in, and hopefully they see something else when you leave.”

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/lily-collins/lily-collins-talks-personal-growth-la-times-597509

Eve Fergie Foxy Brown Freida Pinto

No comments:

Post a Comment